Most year-end social media planning (social networks, blog, email) takes place on a tactical level.
While this isn’t a bad use of time, it’s more productive to take the conversation up a rung. To the strategic level.
It’s the same reason a builder starts with a blueprint. Or a General builds a battle plan. Or you use GPS to map your path before you start your trip.
Simply put: You want to make sure you know where you’re going.
Sure, you might veer off-track once in awhile. Things may change as you go. That’s natural. But having a starting point with clear objectives in mind is essential for social media success.
When you skip social media strategy and dive head-long into tactics, bad things happen. I see this all the time when we start working with clients.
Warning Signs for No Social Media Strategy
See if you recognize any of these…
- The content has no “stickiness”. It’s like driving a car that doesn’t have a fourth gear. Things never seem to turn over. It’s nearly impossible to get momentum.
- No one’s really “in charge” when it comes to social. Is it marketing’s job? The intern’s job? The boss’s job? Who knows!
- There’s no clear desired outcome from social media. It’s mostly happening just because “everyone else is doing it, so we should too.”
- You’re on every channel under the sun. Whether it’s Snapchat or Facebook or YouTube, you just sign-up and “account creep” sets in.
- Nothing is consistent. Content isn’t. Interaction isn’t. It’s just happening when the person in charge (if there is one) “has the time” to do it.
- Lastly (and most important), you aren’t generating any sales, leads, or revenue from social media.
I want you to avoid these unpleasant situations in 2016. So we put our heads together at Think Digital and created a brand new FREE resource for you that’s ready for download.
These are the top ten social media questions we use to jump-start strategic social media thinking with the organizations we work with.
- Free, one-page PDF because who has time to sift through a 20-page report?
- Quick, easy, actionable.
- Powerful questions to unlock measurable business results from your social media content and engagement
- Opportunity for a free 20-minute digital analysis call to go over your current social media plan