I’m a content marketing practitioner living in Des Moines. I help people and organizations tell their stories online.
I started a podcast called #THINKDIGITAL. It’s a fun way to talk about new media and play lots of 90s rap.
My first book will be published in February, 2014. Learn more here.
In 2012, I became an adjunct professor at Drake University, teaching public relations.
I graduated in 2010 from Bethel Seminary with a Master of Divinity, emphasis in Critical Thinking.
I typically post three to four times a week. The weekends are generally reserved to be a time for me to be offline, so you can use that time to catch up on posts you may have missed. To make sure you stay up-to-date on everything that’s going on here, you might want to subscribe to the site.
- I grew up in West Des Moines, IA.
- I still live there.
- I have a fun, witty, smart and sassy wife, Kerry.
- We have a son, Finnegan, and a daughter, Evie.
- If you’re wondering where West Des Moines is, click here.
- My dad is a school teacher.
- My mom is an office manager.
- My brother is a hippy banker in Denver.
- My sister is a mega-star food blogger.
School (Both Old and New)
- I graduated from Valley High School. Our claim to fame is winning a Grammy and Shawn Johnson.
- I graduated college from the University of Northern Iowa. Our claim to fame is beating Kansas in the 2010 NCAA basketball tourney. And the Interlude Dance.
- I graduated seminary from Bethel Seminary in St. Paul, MN with a Master of Divinity.
- My favorite job was working in a law firm as a courier.
- My least favorite job was working in the cafeteria at UNI. I’ll spare you the details, suffice to say I knew it was time to go when I had to work the “liquids” station in the dish room.
- I was a housepainter all through high school and college.
- I worked as a server for a summer, an experience everyone should have at least once. (You tip better that way.)
- I love to run. I ran my first half-marathon in October of 2010 in Des Moines. I can’t wait to do another one.
- I like to read. A lot. If it’s got a social media and/or theological bent, I’m on it.
- I grew up Lutheran. I’m not sure that’s so much of a hobby as it is an explanation.
Where to Start
If you’re looking to get a feel for what this site is all about, take a stroll through some of the posts below:
- Google Now Resourcing Churches, Ministries and Non-Profits for Free
- Top 5 Apps for Social Media Success
- The Most Creative Use of a Twitter Profile Picture Ever
- Traveling Office: Everything You Need to Go Mobile
- What Everyone in Ministry Needs to Know About Social Network Privacy
How to Contact Me
If you want to see what my online life is like outside of this blog, you can follow me on Twitter. I’m also on Facebook (who isn’t), but I try and keep it reserved for interacting with friends and family only. You can also email if that’s your thing.
This my personal blog. The opinions that I express here do not necessarily represent those of my employer. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.
Want to chat? Drop me a line sometime.