This festive piñata will make more sense in a minute.
[Short on time? Skip ahead to see how you can win!]
Do you know what Amazon, Facebook, and Twitter all have in common?
Not billionaire buy-out founders.
Not the location of their company headquarters.
They all run on the same currency: social proof.
The more reviews a book gets, the more shares a post gets, the more retweets a *ahem* tweet gets, the higher up the chain the content goes.
And that’s how the social web works.
Making iTunes happy as a clam.
Want to know a little secret? That’s how the podcast rankings on iTunes work as well. It’s like a game, really:
- A subscription to a podcast garners a certain amount of points.
- Ratings (1-5 stars) get a few more.
- And reviews? Reviews are like the turtle-shell-on-the-castle-stairs trick in Super Mario Bros.: Unlimited points!
The more points you win, the higher your podcast goes in the magical iTunes rankings. The higher your ranking, the more exposure you get. The more exposure, well, there’s always benefits to more exposure. (Unless it’s indecent. That’s always bad.)
Break the piñata! Olé!
That’s where you come in.
I’m throwing an all-out comment party for my social media marketing podcast, #THINKDIGITAL, and YOU are invited. Hooray!
But I’m not just asking you to do this out of the goodness of your heart. That’s lame. (And, frankly, there are better recipients for the goodness in your heart.) There’s a door prizes at this here party and everyone’s got a shot at the loot.
What’s in the piñata? I’m glad you asked. I’ll be giving away a brand new FitBit Flex to one lucky party-goer.
If you’re wondering, the FitBit Flex is an amazing piece of technology that measures your activity level and sleep quality, all from the comfort of your FREAKING WRIST. It’s pretty much like an EKG machine, a Unisom pill, and Al’s handlink device from Quantum Leap all wrapped into one.
Your wrist is judging you.
That’s a $99 piece of technology that could be yours. For free.
How do I win?
Good question. It’s remarkably easy. Follow these steps and you’re in it to win it:
When will the winner be chosen?
I’ll pick a winner at random using Random.org on May 31, 2013. You have a full week to get on board. Don’t miss out!
A few tips:
- If you’ve already left a review and rating, you can still enter. Just enter the review screen name you used into the last line of the survey.
- You don’t have to listen to the whole episode. It might help you leave a better review, but it’s not necessary. Give it the old college try. Then go about your merry way.
- From start to finish, this whole process takes around 4-5 minutes. If you win, that’s like earning $1,118/hour. What a deal!
Go get ‘em….
P.S. – If you win and aren’t feeling the FitBit, you can opt for a $100 Amazon gift card. Oh yeah, these geese are big jerks.