2014 is the year everyone must quit their job. Or, at least, that’s what James Altucher thinks.
He wrote an article recently and referenced the shrinking middle class, job dissatisfaction rates, and the new globally-connected workforce as reasons why you need to seriously think about 86′ing your 9-to-5.
Everything that’s outsource-able is getting outsourced. Robots are crowding humans out of the job market. The only thing most of us have to bring to the table anymore is…ourselves.
He made the compelling point that choosing yourself was the only job option for the future (and current) economy. In short, building a personal brand is a MUST.
On the other side of the coin, how many days have you thought to yourself:
- I literally do not care about my job. I wish someone would fire me…
- If I have to file ONE more TPS report…
- I was made to contribute something more to the world than this…
There never used to be a way out, sans taking on an ENORMOUS amount of personal and financial risk.
Now? Thankfully, now there is. The answer lies in you. Not in a weird, new age-y sense, but in your personal brand.
As I think through what the next step for people who graduate Think Digital Academy, we’ve settled on the Think Digital Masters Class.
What is it? It’s a four-month coaching program focused on building one of your most valuable assets: your personal brand.
Think of it as the conclusion of Think Digital Academy. It’s the next step to building your online audience and learning how to influence them to take action.
You may be wondering, “How is this any different than Think Digital Academy?”
Great question. If the Academy is basic training, the Masters Class is becoming a Navy SEAL. It’s a specialized course for go-getters who want to go to the next level.
We’ll be focusing on the four personal branding building blocks:
1. CRAFT Your Mindset. The biggest roadblock you face in building a personal brand isn’t resources, time, or talent. It’s your mindset. Before you do anything else, you need to get your mind right. It’s the most important asset you own!
2. CRAFT Your Focus. Many of us feel like we don’t know where to start. But you’d be shocked at how simple it is to get your audience-building engine up-and-running. You’ll get the battle-tested insight of what tools you need and how to stretch them to the limits.
3. CRAFT Your Traffic. Learn the advanced strategies you’re overlooking to build your online traffic—email, social, and blog. It’s the lifeline to your audience. Keep it locked and loaded, primed and pumped!
4. CRAFT Your Future. Ever wonder how much to charge for a speaking or consulting gig? What about setting up an LLC vs. a sole proprietorship? And bookkeeping—you’ve thought about that, right? When you start earning income, you’re going to need a system to keep you from getting bogged down in details.
If you’re interested, go ahead and sign-up here. We’ll send you an application and follow-up if we’re able to extend an invite. We’re keeping this first round super small, and we already have 53 applicants as of this post. So hurry up and get your name added to the list if you want in.
We’ll start reviewing applications at the end of the month. You have until Thursday, April 30, to apply. I’m not sure when we’ll offer the course again, so please plan accordingly!