Andy Stanley is a pastor, communicator, author, and the founder of North Point Ministries, Inc. (NPM). Since its inception in 1995, North Point Ministries has grown from one campus to five in the Atlanta area and has developed a global network of more than 30 strategic partner churches.
- I love to read about leadership. I love it all – magazines, podcasts, etc.
- Insight alone does not a leader make.
- What makes a leader is that person’s response to unexpected opportunity, unavoidable adversity, unquestionable calling.
- The leader is the one who goes first when everyone else is at the top of the hill.
- Adversity makes leaders.
- Right now, in your life, you are bumping up against one of the three things mentioned above.
- Some of you are trying to determine if you should act on an unexpected opportunity.
- Some of you are here because you’re battling an internal sense of calling.
- Is God calling you out of ministry and into the marketplace?
- It’s not God’s calling that makes you a leader. It’s your response to that call that makes you a leader.
- Aren’t the stories you love the most from someone who saw a need and stood up to fulfill that need?
- A leader is someone who leaves the known for the unknown.
- As you contemplate your response to God’s call, think to yourself, ‘is this a story that’s worth telling?’
- Gd is making you right now a leader. Respond well.
- The younger you are, the less consequential your response to God’s call will feel.
- Influence is more important than title or position.
- You’re in the oven. You’re on the potter’s wheel.
- God has something for you and you don’t want to miss it.
- My parents speaking over me, declaring that I wouldn’t miss God’s call for my life, was the most important thing they could have done for me.
- The greatest thing you do as a leader may not be what you do, but who watches you do what you do.
- The world may never know your name, but they know that you are the mom or dad of your children.
- There is something powerful, shaping in saying, “God, if you don’t show up, I don’t know what I’m going to do.”
- The power of the single statement to stick in the mind and the heart of a Christian was birthed out of being in a situation where I didn’t know what else to do.
- It’s better to make a difference than to make a point.
- Pay attention to the tension.
- Every once in awhile you’re going to be disturbed by something that you see. Pay attention to the tension.
- Why? Because that’s how callings are established. It’s how God takes you out of a place that’s very comfortable and puts us in a new place.
- We walk toward the messes as Christians.
- God gets more mileage out of adversity than anything else. Than any other context.
- Some of you are in a season right now where you’re opening your hands and God is putting things there. But there is something that happens when God starts taking things out of your hands.
- Be an open-handed leader. Let things pass freely in and out of your hands.
- Leaders are made one response at a time.
- Do I move forward with this, even if I don’t have the money?
- Your response will determine how God is going to be able to use you in the days ahead.
Catalyst Conference 2012 posts appear courtesy of: