Matt Chandler serves as Lead Pastor of The Village Church in Highland Village, TX.
- I am a practitioner. I am in the middle of the fray at my church.
- Some of you have come in here with a smile on your face with a devastated heart.
- You have people on your team you don’t like. You have a file in your desk drawer of a list of people you want God to kill.
- Some of you are smiling and you’ve got your resignation letter halfway drafted.
- We are here to let the Holy Spirit minister to our hearts.
- Most of us are not going to be like Craig Groeschel.
- Sometimes in ministry, we define our success by attempting to score the touchdowns of others rather than the touchdowns that God puts in place of us.
- The way the Bible works is inside out, not outside in.
- Has anyone else ever have to wait on the Lord? You have that things are going to happen a certain way and they never do? I think that’s all of us.
- God works in the mess. The Bible has an uncanny ability to teach the realities of the Gospel through the messiness of the Bible.
- There are some Christians who act so crotchety I don’t even know if they believe the Gospel.
- There is a justification component to the Gospel. But there’s also a sonship component.
- I don’t want to go camping with a judge. I want to go camping with Dad, though.
- (I think God is doing something in Christianity. Lots of conferences I’ve been to in the past few months, regardless of theological stripe, seem to concentrate on the fact that we’re sons and daughters of God.
- We are co-heirs with Christ. We get what he gets.
- Whenever things are going good, God is better.
- No job is better than Jesus.
- No position is better than having Jesus.
- Our bodies and breaking down, giving up, but there will be a day in Christ where we will receive imperishable bodies.
- We get the world, as Christians. We get it all. All we have to do is ask.
- It’s not up to you to reach the nations. It’s up to you to decide if you want to play.
- Your base had better be sonship, that you’re a daughter of Jesus, before anything else.
- In the end, be faithful where you are.
Catalyst Conference 2012 posts appear courtesy of: