- Nothing says the beginning of summer like enjoying a shandy after mowing the lawn. It may be one of my least favorite seasons (I’m a cold weather guy), but the combo is hard to beat.
- Big Omaha this week. Anyone else going to be there? Can’t wait.
- I had a friend tell me recently that he, “doesn’t buy the whole Sunday morning thing.” After hearing his reasons (and reading this article), I can’t say that I blame him. What’s the solution?
- Went to see “The Avengers” with some friends on Saturday night. What a great flick. The action was consistent, the acting was tolerable, and the one liners? Forget about it. Absolutely a must-see. To top it off, we had a guy in the row behind us start openly weeping at the end of the movie. I guess he must have been a huge fan!
- Did you know that “Iowa” was one of the top 10 most-searched for terms on Pinterest? Could be because one of the founders is from Des Moines. Big ups to the 515!
- Anybody using Workflowy? I keep hearing about it, but I can’t figure out all the fuss. Is it that good?
- Three Indian families just moved in down the street from us. I drove past a Korean church recently where the only English was a teeny note on their front sign. Most airports now have signage in both English and Spanish. Diversity is so refreshing.
- Are you in church communications? Want to hang with some of the brightest and the best in the field? Apply to join us in San Diego at the end of the month for Conclave Sessions: San Diego. Read more here.
- Below: RIP MCA. The Beastie Boys are one of those bands where seemingly every album has a memory from my youth associated with it. Out of the three, MCA always seemed to the most reliable.
Over to you: What’s the latest and greatest in your world?
Sign up for my newsletter and get a free copy of my ebook, “The Top 10 Mistakes I Made in Social Media.” It’s free!