All STORY Chicago posts are sponsored by Clark. Clark provides custom technology and facility solutions for churches big and small.
Attorney, founder of Restore International and author of Love Does.
- Heaven is leaning over the rails just waiting to see what all of you do next.
- You, as creatives, do cannonballs in life. We were meant to not be afraid of stuff, but to just got for it.
- I’m a good poser. I know all of the right things to say, but I don’t always do the things I ought to.
- The message for me is to think about who I am and lean into that.
- What are some of the things that you’re good at? Drawn to? That may be the things that you’re supposed to be doing.
- I decided I was going to live a noteworthy life. I wanted to be so engaged in life that I wanted to take notes on it.
- Something in your life pings me? I write it down. Something like, “We don’t need to cross our fingers anymore.”
- Our pictures are in God’s wallet. You get that? Good. Let’s move on and do stuff.
- I don’t need a Bible verse to tell me we should care for hurting people.
- We have to stop living symbolic lives.
- We want to make a difference in the world, but so few of us live differently.
- Who is that God made us to be? Living into our creativity and passion.
- We are supposed to be extravagant in our loving, aren’t we?
- (Bob Goff’s laugh is hilarious. Joyous, exuberant, loud, fun.)
- (Bob talks to his neighbor, who has cancer, via walkie talkie. He wanted to make sure she knew that someone was there for her. This is clearly a man who is not afraid of the person he has become. What’s been the impetus for change? God’s love.)
- Not everyone who calls your name is for you.
- You know who is for you. You know what voices are for you.
- Live your life like an interrobang: A question mark combined with an exclamation point.
- We’ve got to stop believing the lives that we’ve grown up hearing.
- Expect that amazing things are going to happen to you.
- I have an office at Disney World. How awesome is that?
- You pick where you want to meet. Don’t let anyone tell you where you’re going to meet. If they don’t want to go there, you don’t meet.
- What is it that I could free up and get some margin in my life? Simply, what could I quit?
- You guys are doing some stuff that’s hanging you up in your creativity. Don’t have a Bible study about it, just stop it.
- Half of you are afraid you’re going to lose your job. The other half is terrified you’re going to keep it.
- Sometimes your internal wiring harness steers you the wrong way. You have to try and override it when you need to.
- (Bob is telling a story about how he is literally the counsel for the country of Uganda. He literally has diplomatic immunity, “I could kill you!” he said.)
- 863 kids have been lost to child sacrifices in Uganda.
- What if we live into who we are and stop living up to other people’s expectations? What if we just let our creativity flow.
- Bob, work the plan.
- When a judge signs a death sentence, he breaks the pen and says, “What has been done will never be undone.” Sometimes we live our lives the same way, destined to the Death Row of creativity.
- Let’s go and work the plan.