- Do me a favor: go and buy this book, right now. If you’ve ever had a desire to get a side project off the ground, you need to read the “$100 Startup“. Read it cover-to-cover on my trip to (and from) Orange County.
- Speaking of travel, I had a surprise run-in with my sister at the Phoenix airport. She sauntered up next to me, acting all nonchalant. I felt like this kid. “Is this real life?”
- In the next Transformers movie, they should have Bumblebee’s speech abilities come from viral videos on YouTube.
- Live in Des Moines? Come hang with a crew of creatives on June 20. I’ll be there. So will he. The list is growing, just so you know. BALLERS.
- We planted four tomato plants, two cucumber vines, two green bell pepper plants, onions, and jalapeño pepper plants over the weekend. I also have a rosemary bush, a thyme bush, and a rocking basil plant on the back porch. Having a garden makes me feel more responsible.
- Mariners Church gives me hope for the future. Amazing team with a vision for where they want to go. So incredibly refreshing to be around a church where the leaders work with each other, not against.
- More than anything else, I’m thankful to Big Omaha for the amazing people I was able to connect with. Robert, Sarah, Jordan, Tres, Danny, I’m looking at you.
- This kind of stuff gets me going.
- Did I mention this book? Yes? Well, why aren’t you reading it yet?
- Kristen Wiig is done on SNL. Not surprised, but still bummed. I can’t remember the last time I watched a show from start to finish, but I knew her characters. Gilly, Trrrrrrget Lady, and Kathie Lee Gifford. Solid. Love the way they sent her out, but I couldn’t help but wince when Andy Samberg picked her up and, well, she almost lost it. (Her skirt, I mean.)
- How can you not love this Carly Rae Jepsen tune?
- Lastly, while in Orange County last week, I swung by Laguna Beach. Remember the old reality show starring kids from the Laguna Beach high school? Yeah. I was a huge fan. It could have been because Kerry and I watched the entire series while I was laid up after an extended stay in the hospital. (Don’t ask, you don’t want to know.) Either way, it should be illegal for high school kids to have a campus as gorgeous as Laguna Beach to go to everyday. Insane!
- Below: The first birthday Kerry and I celebrated together. Kerry turned 25, yet I was the one wearing the tiara and hot pink boa. Huh?!
Over to you: What’s the latest and greatest in your world?
Sign up for my newsletter and get a free copy of my ebook, “The Top 10 Mistakes I Made in Social Media.” It’s free!