- I went to Big Omaha last week. It’s the greatest conference you’ve never heard of (and that’s okay). Here’s a recap from day one.
- Be forewarned, vulgar language ahead! Big Omaha introduced me to some brand new people. My favs? Yael Cohen of F— Cancer and Eddie Huang. People with purpose, no matter how crass (isn’t that in a Dr. Seuss book?).
- ‘Tis the season. Our travel schedule for MonkDev is about to pick up full-swing. Conferences, conferences, conferences! Are you going to any big meet-ups this summer?
- This is my favorite album right now.
- Here’s me and my sister, Iowa Girl Eats, circa 1986.
- Enthralled by the 2012 edition of the Infinite Dial media study.
- Chris Guillebeau’s latest book, $100 Startup, is a must for anyone looking for a little courage to start living out their dreams. Regular folks doing the most normal thing they can think of: Being their own boss.
- A sweet slide deck from Wufoo.com’s Kevin Hale. My favorite deck from Big Omaha!
- Vince Marotte is conducting a survey of church web administrators. Very short, simple, and to the point. The plus? Everyone who participates gets access to the data. Please take a moment and fill it out. Translation? You might get more resources based on the data we find!
- Make a Big Ask today.
- Finally found my perfect traveling get-up: Sport coat, t-shirt, jeans, dress loafers. The sport coat is the bulkiest thing I pack, so wearing it cuts down on carry-on volume. My dress loafers are slip-ons, so getting through security is a breeze (I’ve also got a thing with laces). Plus, how can you not be comfortable in a t-shirt? TRAVEL BLISS.
- I finally bit the bullet and purchased a battery extender case for my iPhone. Currently testing the Mophie Juice Pack Air and Kiwi Case. I’ll let you know which one’s better. So far, so good on both of them, though.
- When people are in ministry for the right reasons, nothing’s more courageous. When people are in ministry because of other people’s expectations, a sense of guilt, or because they feel they have nothing else to offer the world, well, that’s when things get dangerous.
- Below: A shot of my beloved Des Moines this morning. My, she’s looking vibrant and ready for the day!
Over to you: What’s the latest and greatest in your world?
Sign up for my newsletter and get a free copy of my ebook, “The Top 10 Mistakes I Made in Social Media.” It’s free!