- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
- Just call me the beetle killer. We have a nest (Swarm? Cacophony?) of Japanese beetles nesting in our knockout roses. Over the weekend I bought a trap that kills them by the thousands. I took Finn with me. He held the bag full of 4,000 beetles while I changed the trap. He’s officially earned his man card.
- Could this be too good to be true? How to get 10,000 likes on your fan page.
- Congrats to the Olympic gymnastics team! Little known fact: The last two all-around Olympic trial women’s gymnastics champions have come from my city, Des Moines. Chow’s gymnastics, man. That’s where it’s at! Great leader. Great team. Go Chow. Go Gabby!
- I made these over the weekend. As good as they look.
- Do you have any big plans for the 4th? We usually catch a parade or two, but it might be too hot this year. 99 degrees with a feels-like temp of 105. Yikes. Thankfully, our house sits up against a golf course that has an amazing fireworks show. Kiddy pools, anyone?
- I’m conducting research on a resource offering for church workers. One respondent shared that his low-paying church position forces him to charge groceries on a soon-to-be-maxed out credit card. A credit card that he knows he can’t pay. There’s got to be a better way, right?
- Facebook makes it easier for you to change your page names.
- Wait til see what the MonkDev team has cooked up for Echo. I won’t spoil the surprise. Suffice to say that Jodi Stevens is a marketing whiz. So thankful for her!
- If you’re selling something, send people an email about it. There’s a high probability (66%) that they will buy from you after getting it.
- Jason Falls is coming to Des Moines. Brian Solis just breezed into town. Now Jason? Feels like we’re doing something right. Not to mention TEDxDesMoines is right around the corner. Hooray for great events!
Over to you: What’s the latest and greatest in your world?
Sign up for my free 10-week Social Media Starters Course. Get all the info you need to succeed!