- I can’t stop saying it. The “$100 Startup” continues to be one of the most influential books I’ve read in a long time. Truly, if you have an idea that you want to take from conception to reality, this book will show you how to do it. Absolute slam dunk of a book.
- I just gave my newsletter list the news. If you sign up for my free “Social Media Starters Course” by the end of May, you’ll get an added bonus, from me to you. Better hurry, though. June is almost upon us!
- I’m a closet fan of The Real World. I’ve watched nearly every season that exists on Hulu Plus. The first season I remember watching was season three, in San Francisco, with Puck, Pedro, etc. Maybe it’s just nostalgia talking, but that was good television. Now? Now The Real World is nothing but a booze-fueled binge of base desires. Gotta go with what works, right? Sheesh.
- Speaking of Hulu Plus, they’re starting to backdate popular shows by eight days. The catch? If you’re a subscriber of certain cable providers, they’ll give it to you the day after. Kind of defeats the point of having Hulu Plus, doesn’t it? We buy the service because we don’t want cable. Everyone has a price tag, I guess.
- I’ll be going to Canada in June. What do I need to know?
- I’ve been experimenting a lot with Premise. It’s a fantastic way to build landing pages for a WordPress blog. Dynamite!
- If you’re in the Des Moines area, don’t forget to join us on June 20 for a creative meetup/breakfast with Ben Arment. It’s gonna be dope, yo.
- I’ve reached link saturation on Twitter. I can’t read anymore links. My Instapaper account is overflowing with good, but unread, links. Re-evaluating my own Twitter philosophy in light of this. Has anyone else had enough?
- Evernote just got a whole lot easier to use (for me). The search operators they give you create an endless amount of ways to classify your information. Top-notch software, yo.
- Happy Memorial Day, everyone. I hope you have a great day today!
- Below: A Bubble Tape commercial from 1991.
Over to you: What’s the latest and greatest in your world?
Sign up for my newsletter and get a free copy of my ebook, “The Top 10 Mistakes I Made in Social Media.” It’s free!