Session 2 – Great by Choice
Nationally Acclaimed Business Thinker and Author
- The key to doing great work is consistent, consecutive works.
- We see tremendous consistency in any great enterprise.
- Consistency is a level that organizations can put into the world, crack it, and change it.
- The true mark of mediocrity is chronic inconsistency.
- Utilize and practice imperial (data-driven) creativity.
- What true leaders have is the ability to blend creativity and discipline.
- Creativity is natural. Discipline is not. The question is not how to be creative, but how to get rid of the stuff that gets in the way of our creativity.
- How do we get out of creativity’s way?
- The only mistakes you can learn from are the ones that you survive.
- It is what you do before you are in trouble…that determines how you will end up. When you will be strong when people need you to be strong.
- The greatest danger is not failure. The greatest danger is to succeed and not know why you succeeded.
- It’s hard to have a meaningful life without meaningful work.
- Greatness is not primarily a function of circumstances. Greatness is a matter of conscious choice and discipline.
- Good intentions are never an excuse for incompetence.