All WCAGLS posts are sponsored by Bethel Seminary. Get theological education without uprooting your entire life. Bethel’s InMinistry program lets you attend seminary without moving. It’s how I earned my M. Div!
Session 6 – Courage to Act
Director of Aftercare, International Justice Mission,
- God calls us to serve in places that he’s already working.
- I have learned the radical truth that God is good.
- My life is not my own.
- Hope means that God can transform even the most hopeless cases into something good.
- God hears the cries of the oppressed. He heard my cry.
- Let’s allow him to guide us. Our lives belong to God. Because he is a God who is good.
- Being humble does not mean that God will not ask us to do something that requires great strength.
- Note: This one was tough to right notes for. Pranitha’s story is tough to translate to an online medium like live-blogging. Suffice to say, she talked extensively about redemption and what happens when a life is surrendered to God and his purposes. He can take something that is broken, cold, and dark and bring through it light and life. Including the human heart. That is Pranitha’s story. That’s what we heard today.
- Another Note: Here’s another recap from my friend Will.