There are three essential behaviors you need to get right to be successful with social media. Do you know what they are?
You're familiar with the 80/20 rule, right? 20% of your efforts in any given area account for 80% of your overall results. The same principle holds true to social media.
It's not about using the right tools, the right timing, or the right social network. There is no magic bullet, so we need to stop acting like there is one.
There are basic building blocks to creating a successful social media strategy that anyone—anyone—can (and should) implement, regardless of their budget, time available for social media, or technical know-how.
In my experience, if these three behaviors are absent, failure is not far behind. It doesn't matter how much time, effort, or resources you put towards social media, these behaviors need to be present or, ultimately, it's a lost cause.
Listen to the Show
Here are links to the resources we cover in this episode:
- Read this book: 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
- Read this blog: CaseyGraham.com
- Say “hello” to this person: @EmilySparkles
- Show interest in my mastermind group: JustinWise.net/Start
- Start implementing crucial social media behaviors: Think Digital Academy
- Get this app: Pomodoro App (Mac only)
- Leave a review for this podcast on iTunes
- Virtual executive assistants designed to give you your time back! Check out eaHELP
Spread the Love!
[Tweet “Today on #ThinkDigital I learned the three crucial behaviors of a successful social media strategy.”]
If you learned something in this week's episode, would you take a moment and subscribe to the show? You'll have all future episodes beamed directly (through magic) to your preferred listening device. If you've already listened and like what you hear, tell a friend or two on Twitter or Facebook.