Here's a quick overview of everything you need to know about this week's upcoming Echo Conference. It's like a church web/tech/geek class reunion, without all the awkward admission of nascent feelings from old classmates! Weehoo! Here's what you need to know:
- I get to spend Tuesday night/Wednesday morning with some sharp, gifted church communicators. We're launching the Church Communicator Roundtable at Monk, with the first session in Dallas. Our next round will be in Chicago this Fall if you feel like applying.
- I'll be presenting on Thursday. Twice.
- First up? “Social Media & Ministry: What Works, What Doesn't”. I got tired of hearing why people needed to be using social media and wanted to find out what was working. Less yammering, more doing. This session is insanely practical on purpose. Come with your thinking caps on.
- Next, we need your websites! Vince, Matt and myself will be reviewing websites in our session, “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: UI vs. UX“. Head over to Vince's site and give us some sites to review!
- I'm grabbing breakfast with Mike Worley of David C. Cook on Friday. I've really come to appreciate Mike's voice and insight. Can't wait to hang!
- The CFCC board will be meeting up on Friday after the conference is over. 1-6p, in fact. In case you're keeping track, that's a five-hour meeting! We'll have a strategic focus to show for it, though. You can count on that!
- Up above? Weiv (pronounced “weave”) will beat at Echo and I cannot wait. These are dear friends and fellow Des Moinesians, but they've also built a live worship experience that will rock your brains. Make sure you check them out Wednesday night. More details above.
- What are you most looking forward to at Echo?