For those who may not know, I used to be a pastor before launching Think Digital, but I was really interested in social media and digital marketing. I found myself coming up with excuses everyday as to why I cant launch my digital product. I felt that people may think that I am a fraud, no business experience, no team, and my biggest excuse of all – there are a million people who are talking about digital marketing.
Finally, I have a friend who shifted my way of thinking about digital products, and I eventually stopped making excuses.
[01:44] The conversation that changed the way I think about digital products
- There are hundred of thousands of books getting published everyday
- Pick any topic you want into Google and there are hundreds of thousands of books every topic
- You have experiences, relationships, and a particular way of seeing teaching a particular topic
[03:25] The three shifts in concepts that completely changed my family's life
- Digitizing my mind – What I knew.
- Digitizing my skills – What I did.
- Digitizing my systems – How I did it.
- I launched my course in July 2013, and by the end of the year, we had 100 students in our first course.
[05:00] The hurdle in creating digital products
- Why would anybody listen to me?
- It's not always a problem of skill. Throughout the years, I saw people who knew less skills that I did but makes more money.
- Stop making excuses. Start building the digital product that you want to make.